Stadtpark (City Park) is with 20 hectares the amplest park along the Ringstraße. Its doors opened in 1862 after the city wall was carried off and the Ringstraße constructed. It was created in the manner of an English park with statues of famous Viennese characters, ponds with ducks, old broad-leafed trees and smooth lawn to sit and lie on. The Stadtpark is bordered by a tree planted avenue that keeps the business outside. In the warmer season people working in the inner city come to this quiet and peaceful oasis to repose during lunch break. Stadtpark is divided by the Wienfluss (River Wien) with some sport- and playgrounds on its Eastern side. Memorials and busts of politicians, artists and most of all composers – e.g. Franz Schubert, Anton Bruckner or Franz Lehár – are spread all over it. The golden statue of Johann Strauß is the most popular among them (replicas shown in Osaka and Havana). The violin-playing Strauß is positioned under a stone arch decorated with waves and mermaids that represent the river Danube – associated with the famous waltz The Blue Danube. Strauß used to play in the renaissance-style Kursalon close-by that holds still well-attended concertos today.