Sessions filmed at this Location:

Albertina

Albertina

With more than 1 million prints and 60,000 drawings the museum Albertina contains one of the biggest graphic collections in the world. Albrecht Dürer’s famous “The Field Hare” or “Hands folded for Prayer”, women-studies from Gustav Klimt and classics from Michelangelo, Rubens, Schiele, Cézanne, Rembrandt, Kokoschka, Picasso or Rauschenberg are exhibited in the intra-urban Palais Albertina that has apart from its permanent collection very popular changing exhibitions. An Architecture collection and a newly created collection of photographs also belong to the museum that was founded in 1776 by Duke Herzog Albert of Saxe-Teschen. Built on the remains of the Augustinian bastion and on one of the last preserved section of the fortification wall, the building stretches eleven metres above street level. The museum was severely destroyed by air raids in 1945 and has undergone various renovations. The last construction work was in 2004 when the Austrian architect Hans Hollein designed the 64 metres long, titan flying shed that gives the museum’s entrance its distinctive body structure. Albertina is famously surrounded by the Hofburg, the Burggarten, the Opera, the Hotel Sacher, the Memorial against War and Fascism and the Filmmuseum with Fiakers (Vienna’s horse-cabs) waiting in their center at the Albertinaplatz.

albertina.at